Doberman Rescue Unlimited, Inc. (DRU) is a nonprofit, charitable organization, whose purpose is to rescue abused, abandoned and unwanted Dobermans and place them in good, safe and loving homes. We also educate the public about Dobermans and responsible, humane animal care. Since its founding in 1988, DRU has provided rescue services for close to 3,000 dogs throughout the greater New England region and beyond. On average we usually have 30+ dogs in our care.
We are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our rewarding and positive team. Qualified candidates must have a passion for training/handling dogs, strong work ethic, positive attitude, willing to learn, team player and excellent customer service skills.
Doberman Rescue Unlimited (DRU) is expanding our DRU Training Program and seeking an experienced Dog Trainer.
This part-time position will work with Doberman Pinscher dogs at our Sandown NH facility.
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Ability to provide excellent service and care for Dobermans in a shelter environment.
- Ability to observe and evaluate animal communication, behavior, behavior change and conditions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of humane and safe methods of care and handling of dogs.
- Possess a genuine concern for Dobermans and their welfare.
- Ability to work collaboratively and serve as an effective liaison with other shelter departments.
- Ability to function in a highly emotional environment, rapidly changing and detail oriented environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with discretion.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong management skills including ability to achieve results through others.
- Ability to make training plans and execute those plans for dogs with behavior challenges.
- Teach basic and intermediate commands to all shelter dogs
- Ability to instruct staff and volunteers how to continue training throughout dogs stay in shelter.
- Provide group classes at the shelter for the community.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
Education / Qualifications:
DRU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on basis of age, sex, race, color, marital status, physical or mental disability, creed, sexual orientation, or origin of any individual or any other legally protected status in its employment pursuant to state and federal laws.
This job description is not meant to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities of the employee, and DRU reserves the right to amend and change the job duties within this job description at any time during the employment relationship.